- What Kind of Telephone Sets Can I Use With My magicJack Device?
- Can I Use Several Phones With My magicJack?
- Will magicJack Work With a Two Line Phone?
- Can I Use My Answering Machine With magicJack?
- Can I Use a Speakerphone With magicJack?
What Kind of Telephone Sets Can I Use With My magicJack Device?
magicJack is compatible with any corded, cordless, portable, or DECT telephone with an RJ-11 plug. Analog and digital phones are both compatible.
Note: Rotary telephones are not compatible with magicJack.
When plugged into a USB port on your computer, you can use a computer headset.
Can I Use Several Phones With My magicJack?
You can plug a cordless base station into your magicJack and use several cordless handsets throughtout your house.
You can also use a phone splitter with the magicJack and plug multiple corded phones into the magicJack.
Note: If your magicJack is plugged into a computer, you might have to use a powered USB hub when using multiple phones in order to generate sufficient power from the USB port.
Will magicJack Work With a Two Line Phone?
magicJack will only provide one line of telephone service.
Can I Use My Answering Machine With magicJack?
You may use a third-party answering machine with magicJack.
In order to use your answering machine, you must configure your answering machine to pick up before your magicJack voicemail picks up. To change these settings:
- Log in to the my.magicjack.com portal using the email address and password you used when you registered your magicJack.
- Select Call Features.
- Click Voicemail On/Off/Delay.
Note: magicJack voicemail is set to four (4) rings by default.
Please refer to your answering machine’s user manual for additional details.
Can I Use a Speakerphone With magicJack?
You can use a speaker phone the same way you would with a traditional telephone. You can also utilize the speakers on your computer.