- Can I transfer or “port” my current land line telephone number to magicJack?
- What are the requirements to port my number?
- How much does it cost to port my number?
- How do I initiate the porting process?
- What happens while my port is in progress?
- What are some common causes for port failure?
- What should I do if my port fails?
Can I transfer or “port” my current land line telephone number to magicJack?
What are the requirements to port my number?
Your telephone number must be active and assigned to you with your current service provider in order to successfully transfer the number to magicJack.
How much does it cost to port my number?
There is a non-refundable $19.95 one-time fee to port a number to magicJack.
Please note that Canadian telephone numbers cost an additional $10 per year.
How do I initiate the porting process?
To initiate your port order, click here to log into your magicJack account and follow these instructions:
- Under the Phone Numbers tab, click Transfer.
- Click the Transfer My Number button.
- Follow the prompts to submit your transfer request.
What happens while my port is in progress?
- magicJack will provide status updates via email when available
- The number transfer process typically takes between 7 and 15 business days for US numbers, and between 20 and 25 business days for Canadian numbers
- You will not receive incoming calls placed to this number through your magicJack service until the transfer has been completed
- You can still make outbound calls from your magicJack while the transfer is in progress
- Until the transfer is completed, your number will remain with the current service provider
What are some common causes for port failure?
Your port request may fail for a number of reasons, including (but not limited to) any combination of the following:
- Name does not match name on file with current service provider
- Account number does not match account number on file with current service provider
- Phone number is disconnected
- Phone number no longer held by your account with current service provider
- Address does not match address on file with current service provider
- Conflicting port order with current service provider
- Phone number tied to other service on current provider’s account
What should I do if my port fails?
Depending on the reason for failure, you may be able to correct the information submitted with your transfer order by logging in to your my.magicJack.com account or contact the number’s current service provider to resolve.
In the event that your current port request is canceled, the telephone number you were assigned when you registered your magicJack will become your permanent number; however, you may still re-attempt to transfer your number in the future.