Block unwanted calls from automated calling systems, telemarketers and others.
This new feature screens ALL non-magicJack callers who dial your magicJack number, including telemarketers and others. Stop nuisance automated dialer services from completing calls to your magicJack phone(s).
When Automated Call Screening is OFF, no filtering of your callers will take place and all calls will ring normally on your magicJack phone(s).
When Automated Call Screening is ON and a non-magicJack caller attempts to call your magicJack phone number listed to the left, the caller will be asked to dial a random one digit number. When calls come from an automated service, it is unlikely the service will provide the requested digit and the call will be disconnected. However, if the caller does push the requested digit within the 12 second window, the call will ring normally on your magicJack phone(s).
While this feature will protect you from many automated calls attempting to sell promotions, it will apply this filter to ALL non-magicJack phone numbers, which may include doctor’s offices, airlines, schools, and more. Please consider this in your decision.
To setup Automated Call Screening for your magicJack number:
- First, log into your account at my.magicJack.com
- Next, hover your mouse pointer over the Call Features TAB.
- Now, move your mouse pointer down the list of Call Features until your pointer is over the Automated Call Screening option, then CLICK Automated Call Screening.
- Click the “Click Here To Enable” link.
- Information about this feature will appear for your convenience. Scroll down and click the Enable button below the copy.
- Finally, toggle the ON / OFF switch for Automated Call Screening next to the magicJack number you wish to Activate or Deactivate the service on.