- Can I Make Calls to Countries Outside the US and Canada With magicJack?
- What Are the Charges for International Calls?
- How Do I Purchase Minutes for International Calling?
- How Do I Dial International Numbers?
- Can I Make International Calls From My Cell Phone or Non-magicJack Landline Using My Prepaid Minutes?
Can I Make Calls to Countries Outside the US and Canada With magicJack?
Yes, magicJack allows you to call almost anywhere in the world:
- If you are visiting another country, calls made from your magicJack to the US or Canada are free.*
- Calls made from a magicJack to another magicJack in any country are free.
- Calls made from the US or Canada to the US or Canada are free.*
- Calls made from your magicJack to another country (other than the US or Canada) require the purchase of prepaid international minutes.
*Note: Free US and Canada calling does not include calls to Alaska, the Yukon and Northwest Territories of Canada, or calls to non-8YY calling card, platform, conference, or chat lines, for which additional fees will apply.
What Are the Charges for International Calls?
magicJack provides low international rates for calls to all countries outside of the US and Canada. You can easily search our rates here.
How Do I Purchase Minutes for International Calling?
Minutes can be purchased by logging in to the my.magicjack.com portal using the email address and password you used when you registered your magicJack.
Note: International prepaid minutes expire six months after the date of purchase.
How Do I Dial International Numbers?
Calling to international locations with your magicJack works the same as with a traditional provider.
Calls to the US/Canada/Caribbean:
Dial 1 + the area code + local number
Calls to countries outside of the US and Canada:
Dial 011 + country code + city code + local number
Note: Some countries, like the Dominican Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, and Jamaica, do not require a prefix of 011 to be dialed.
Can I Make International Calls From My Cell Phone or Non-magicJack Landline Using My Prepaid Minutes?
Yes, you have the option to utilize your prepaid magicJack minutes to call internationally from your cell phone (or other landline phone).
To register a phone number:
- Log in to the my.magicjack.com portal using the email address and password you used when you registered your magicJack.
- Click the International/Prepaid tab.
- Locate the magicJack device for which you have, or will be adding, prepaid international minutes.
- In the text box labeled Cell or Landline (IPP Only) next to the device, enter the telephone number from which you will be making international calls.
- Click Submit.
Shortly after, you will receive an email with instructions and the access code (305-848-9999). Dial the access code from the number you registered to start making international calls.
Note: You can register only one additional number per magicJack device.