- What Kind of Telephone Sets Can I Use With My magicJack Device?
- Can I Use Several Phones With My magicJack?
- Will magicJack Work With a Two Line Phone?
- Can I Use My Answering Machine With magicJack?
- Can I Use a Speakerphone With magicJack?
What Kind of Telephone Sets Can I Use With My magicJack Device?
magicJack is compatible with any corded, cordless, portable, or DECT telephone with an RJ-11 plug. Analog and digital phones are both compatible.
Note: Rotary telephones are not compatible with magicJack.
When plugged into a USB port on your computer, you can use a computer headset.
Can I Use Several Phones With My magicJack?
You can plug a cordless base station into your magicJack and use several cordless handsets throughtout your house.
We do not recommend using a phone splitter with the magicJack, as it can cause problems with properly sending and receiving calls.
Note: If your magicJack is plugged into a computer, you might have to use a powered USB hub when using multiple phones in order to generate sufficient power from the USB port.
Will magicJack Work With a Two Line Phone?
magicJack will only provide one line of telephone service.
Can I Use My Answering Machine With magicJack?
You may use a third-party answering machine with magicJack.
In order to use your answering machine, you must turn off your magicJack voicemail. This can always be reversed. To change these settings:
- Log in to the my.magicjack.com portal using the email address and password you used when you registered your magicJack.
- Select Call Features.
- Click Voicemail On/Off/Delay.
- Turn the voicemail OFF.
Please refer to your answering machine’s user manual for additional details.
Can I Use a Speakerphone With magicJack?
You can use a speaker phone the same way you would with a traditional telephone. You can also utilize the speakers on your computer.